Fruit Crackup Socks (2013)
|Pattern: Usual Hybrid Sock Pattern
Yarns: Patons Stretch Socks
Method: Hand knitting
Completed: April 24, 2013.
These are my standard socks — toe up, following Wendy’s Toe-Up pattern, and Cat Bordhi’s Riverbed Arch expansion/plain heel. I did a chevron pattern to reduce the stripey effect. I did the same thing in the previous pair of socks, the “Blue Fields”, but this time I added a couple of stitches of rib between chevron sets. Also, with the elastic in the yarn, they are stretchy enough to slip on and off, yet remain snug on my ankles.
Named them “fruit crackup” because the colour looks like so many berries smooshed together!
Used 66g of yarn for the pair — approx 290m.
|Top-down views — full sun and dappled|
|Ankle views — full sun and dappled|
|Neighbour’s cat came to inspect…|
|… and interact 🙂|