Blueberry spindle spun (2018)

Fibre: Wild Hare Fibers Blended top (4oz) in blended blues, blacks and sparkly (29% Bamboo rayon, 29% Faux cashmere (nylon), 14% Tussah Silk, 14% Viscose, 11% acrylic, 3$ Angelina)
Yarn:  Approx 224yds two-ply, slightly less than sock weight.
Method: Spindle-spun and plied (on a larger spindle)
Completed:  December 14, 2018.

I started this project in 2015 or 2016.  It was a background project — whenever I wanted to spin but wasn’t near my spinning wheel, I’d pick it up and work on improving my spindling.  I finally got serious about finishing the singles, and then plying them, in the last couple of months of 2018.

It was a fun project, and I liked the fibre prep well enough.  I didn’t do a great job with my nostepinne-wound balls.  It was a mess when I tried to use them as double-ended balls for plying.  There was a lot of … lossage (snarls, fraying, fuzzies — that got cut out).  I think I should stick to winding off onto weaving shuttle bobbins, and plying from those.

Previous post
Next post

Comments are closed.