Yarn: Lorna’s Laces Solemate Pattern: Toe-up, Cat Bordhi riverbed arch expansion and Wendy Knits toe-up sock Completed: November 16, 2017. Pretty standard toe-up socks, for him. For the ankles, I did alternating four rows of 3×1 and four rows of
Yarn: MacAusland Woolen Mills 2-ply (medium) Pattern: Lucille by Jennifer Wood Completed: October 29, 2017. The yarn is a good sturdy yarn, which softens and blooms on soaking. I wanted a cable sweater; I thought initially of a cardigan/jacket, and
Fibre: Loop Lux Bullseye Bump (25% Cashmere, 25% Silk, 50% Merino) Yarn: ~261yds chain-plied, slightly heavier than sock weight Method: Wheel spun with long draw Completed: September 21, 2017. The bullseye bump was a centre-pull, lovely ribbon of spinning fibre!
Pattern: Point Twill on 4 shafts Yarns: Warp: Handmaiden Sea Silk, most of one (100g) skein Jacobean blue Weft: Handmaiden Sea Silk, entirety of one (100g) skein Bottle Green Method: Weaving — on my 4 shaft counterbalance Leclerc Fanny Completed:
Fibre: Loop “Splish Splash” colourway on Merino, Bamboo, Tussah Silk fibre (packaged as 4.7oz). Yarn: ~140yds sock weight (1.9oz); ~139yds DK weight (2.4oz); both were chain-plied Method: Wheel spun with long draw Completed: February 20, 2017. Chain-plying was the obvious
Yarn: Neighborhood Rustic Fingering — semi-solids and gradient. Pattern: “Fading Lines” by Joji Locatelli Completed: February 9, 2017. Cast on sometime in May or June 2015. Using 4.0mm and 3.5mm needles. Shortening length of body to 24” total (not 27”,
Yarn: Austerman Alpaca Silk (80% Alpaca, 20% Silk) Pattern: Avana Shrug by Annie Rowden Completed: December 31, 2016 Fun, fast knit! An interesting construction. I got gauge with this yarn and 4.5mm needles. Measurements after washing: 38” cuff to cuff
Fibre: Into the Whirled “Studio West” colourway on 60% Polwarth, 40% Tussah Silk. approx 12oz fibre. Yarn: ~419.3 yards of 3-ply, DK-weight; ~93 yds of chain-ply, leaning toward chunky weight. Method: Wheel spun with long draw Completed: October 15, 2016.
This is a little different than my usual projects — I bought the upholstery fabric, and then tore the dining room chair seats down to wood, rebuilding them with modern stuffing and covering and the new upholstery. Someday, I’d like
Fibre: Wild Hare Fibers Mulberry Silk processed top (2oz) in “Beachy Keen” colourway Yarn: Approx 228yds three-ply, slightly less than sock weight. Method: Spindle-spun on my Bosworth featherweight; plied with a much larger spindle Completed: August 26, 2016. Mostly 3-ply,